Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I made this recipe several years ago when I was trying new ways to get my son to eat vegetables. He loves ranch dressing and my chicken so I thought if I combined it all in a pita it would be a hit. It was. Pita is less likely to tear when you sprinkle a little water on it, wrap it in a paper towel and microwave for 15 seconds.
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 16 strips or 14 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup baby carrots, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, diced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 pita pockets
- 1 cup canola oil
- Marinade chicken in 1/2 cup dressing. Mix well ensuring all pieces are coated. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Combine broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, black olives and cheddar cheese with remainder of dressing. Stir well to incorporate.
- Heat ½ cup of oil in large non-stick skillet on medium. While oil heats, combine breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese. Dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture. Working in two batches, cook chicken on first side 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and cook second side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove chicken to paper towel to soak up excess oil. Drain oil and wipe pan clean of any burnt breading. Heat remaining ½ cup oil in same skillet on medium heat. Repeat cooking steps. Remove chicken to paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Sprinkle a little water over each pita. Wrap in paper towel and microwave 15 seconds. Fill each pita with salad and chicken. Serve.