Recipe by KelBel
Creamy chicken and rice casserole.
Top Review by Michelle S.
Before making this I read both reviews and used tips from both of them while preparing this. I added an extra cup of chicken broth hefore baking and the texture was just perfect...not too dry or wet. With using the extra broth I used a whole envelope of ranch dressing mix for the flavor. I also added garlic and onion to the rice and orzo during the brownign process, actually to the end of the process actually. With all that said this was an extremely tasty dish that is perfect for weeknight dinners. I would like to see more color in it. I might add some red pepper or even roasted red peppers to this recipe to see what they add to it. Thanks Kelbel for this lovely creative casserole.
- 1⁄4 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup light sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in ovenproof skillet on medium heat. Stir in orzo and rice, coat evenly and toast together.
- Add chicken broth and dry ranch dressing. Stir well together. Simmer covered until rice and pasta is done, about 20 minutes. (All liquid should be absorbed).
- Add mushrooms and chicken, fold in sour cream.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.