Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This simple complete one dish meal can be made from scratch or use canned chicken. If you want to make your own ranch dressing start with 1/3 cup buttermilk and 1/3 cup sour cream and play with the amounts. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 slice bacon
- 2⁄3 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup uncooked pasta
- Mix the ranch dressing, garlic powder and lemon juice in the bottom of a pasta bowl, and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package direction, and drain. Add to the pasta bowl and toss lightly.
- Fry the bacon until crisp, remove and crumple. Drain all the fat except about one tablespoon.
- Saute the onions in the remaining bacon dripping until transparent, then add the cooked chicken and cook until warm.
- Add the chicken, onion, bacon, and diced tomatoes to the pasta and toss again. Season with pepper to taste.
Yum!! My husband is out of town, and as he hates Ranch dressing, while he's gone I'm making things he doesn't like but I do! I used pre-made ranch dressing, penne pasta, and sprinkled in some mozzarella cheese (it melted in) just for fun. I might try parmesan next time. So yummy, I'm loving it!
HOLY GOODNESS!! I made this for dinner last night and everyone except my teenager had seconds...he had THIRDS!! I used my homemade ranch, a little extra bacon, penne, the meat from a rotisserie chicken and then topped it with fresh parmesan shavings. Absolutely quick, easy, and best of all...delicious! When I plan my weekly menu on Sunday evenings, each family member gets to choose a meal...needless to say, this was unanimously requested! You've got to try it for sure.
This rocks!! I used a combination of 3 Peppercorn Ranch & Hidden Valley to equal one cup. I also used Grocery store rotisserie chicken and upped the bacon to three slices. I sauted the onion in the drippings but added about 1 teaspoon of butter as they seemed dry. I used a large "chicken fryer" frying pan for all but the pasta. Once bacon and onion were done, I added everything but the pasta and cheese. Simmered 5 - 10 minutes, tossed in undrained pasta and tossed. Then added shredded parmesan. Fantastic. This will end up as a staple in my house. Even fussy eleven year old liked it.