Recipe by BamaBelle30
Found this in 2007 Pillsbury cookbook. It looks easy and delicious!
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for lunch today and I did cut the water down to about 3 1/2-4 cups (used chicken broth not water) and added some chile sauce and a few left over peas. Served with some french bread and it made for a tasty dish. Thank you. Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup tag game 2010.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cut-up deli rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 6 cups water
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic; cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Stir in chicken, water, contents of seasoning packet from soup mix, salt, and pepper.
- Heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in noodles from soup mix; simmer uncovered 4 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.