1/11 Photos of Chicken Rama in Thai Peanut Sauce
My husband loves Thai food, and he has been trying to get the recipe for his favorite dish, chicken rama in a spicy Thai peanut sauce. After trying a few recipes, we adjusted some of the ingredients to suit our taste buds, and we came up with a recipe that we both really like. And it's really easy to make, and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add coconut and ginger to a medium saucepan, and stir until well blended. Cook it over medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- 2Add the chicken pieces to the saucepan. Reduce the heat and let it simmer 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (i.e., no pink remains).
- 3With a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and transfer to a bowl; cover and set aside. If any coconut milk accumulates at the bottom of the bowl, just pour it back into the saucepan.
- 4To the saved coconut milk, add the peanut butter, red curry paste, fish sauce, brown sugar, and chopped peanuts. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes or until the sauce is creamy and not grainy in appearance.
- 5Add the chicken, and heat for another 2 minutes.
- 6Arrange the spinach on plates.
- 7Spoon the chicken and peanut sauce over the spinach leaves,.
- 8Classic side dishes to accompany this dish are steamed white rice (calrose rice is especially fitting) and pad Thai noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Rama in Thai Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.1
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 1871.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste