Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here's a way to dress up the ol' tuna salad!
Top Review by weekend cooker
Usually a mayo salad person, I decided to try this for a light dinner. GREAT SALAD this is. Though the lids picked out some of the olives, we all enjoyed this. Something different, that I will save for the future. Definately a great variety of flavors. Made for Zaar Stars.
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, medium, peeled, seeded, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Char green pepper in broiler, turning frequently, then place in paper bag & let stand 10 minutes.
- Hold pepper under running water & rub off the skin, before cutting the flesh of the pepper into 1" squares. Discard seeds & stem.
- In a salad bowl, combine green pepper, scallions, tomatoes & raisins, then mix in the chicken.
- Mound chicken mixture in center of bowl & sprinkle with olives.
- For the dressing, combine the last 5 ingredients & pour over the chicken salad.
- Serve at room temperature or chill before serving.