Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a way to dress up the ol' tuna salad!
Make and share this Chicken Raisin Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, medium, peeled, seeded, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Char green pepper in broiler, turning frequently, then place in paper bag & let stand 10 minutes.
- Hold pepper under running water & rub off the skin, before cutting the flesh of the pepper into 1" squares. Discard seeds & stem.
- In a salad bowl, combine green pepper, scallions, tomatoes & raisins, then mix in the chicken.
- Mound chicken mixture in center of bowl & sprinkle with olives.
- For the dressing, combine the last 5 ingredients & pour over the chicken salad.
- Serve at room temperature or chill before serving.
Usually a mayo salad person, I decided to try this for a light dinner. GREAT SALAD this is. Though the lids picked out some of the olives, we all enjoyed this. Something different, that I will save for the future. Definately a great variety of flavors. Made for Zaar Stars.
The salty olives go together perfectly with the sweet raisins for a unique chicken salad. We served this on soft whole wheat tortillas tonight with a side of muskmelon for a light dinner. I enjoyed that this did not contain mayo, plus it goes together quickly!
This is a great chicken salad recipe. We substituted leftover turkey, and it worked out wonderful. The only change we would make is to leave out the olives next time. Thanks for posting. :)