A good picnic salad. If you want to omit the chicken to make this a vegetarian salad, cut the mayo in the dressing down to 1/3 cup.
- 2 cups cooked chicken (optional)
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion (about 1/2 onion)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped yellow bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup orange bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package tri-color spiral pasta, cooked without salt
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine chicken through rotini in a large bowl.
- Blend together dressing ingredients in a small bowl, add to salad and toss to coat.