Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Serve with garlic-herb mashed potatoes
Top Review by amyashane
Very tasty and will be making it again. Made a couple modifications because of what I had on hand. Did not have mushrooms and fines herbes. In place of herbs, used poultry seasoning and dried parsley. Could not find Knorr leek soup mix; used Knorr vegetable soup mix instead (has leek listed in ingredients on label). Everything else was the same as written in recipe. Served over rice. Delicious and hearty yet pretty healthy.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 (2 ounce) envelopeknorr leek soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried fines herbes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add in the onion; cook/stir 9-10 minutes, until golden.
- Add in mushrooms; cook/stir for 4 minutes; set mixture aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; heat a 5-quart Dutch oven over med-high heat.
- Add in chicken; brown it on each side.
- Deglaze pan with the wine, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom.
- Add in the soup mix, dried fines herbs, broth, bay leaf, and reserved onion/mushroom mixture.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 45 minutes, turning chicken several times during the cooking time.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.