I call these gyro burgers because I used a recipe for beef gyro burgers as the inspiration to create this version. These are in no way authentic Greek food, however, they are absolutely delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 of an onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning (I used one that has rosemary and oregano in particular)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- additional olive oil (for cooking)
- 4 pita bread
- dill dip (I use storebought, but I imagine this would work well with mayo, feta cheese, or tzatziki sauce as w)
- lettuce or greens
- 11.) Place ground chicken in a bowl, along with the garlic, onion, Italian seasoning, 1 TBSP olive oil and lemon juice.
- 22.) Here, I mix everything up with my hands, and form this mixture into 4 patties. You can feel free to mix with a spoon if you prefer before forming them into patties by hand.
- 33.) Place a small amount (about 1-2 TBSP) of olive oil in a frying pan. Once the pan is hot, place patties into the pan (I suggest using a larger frying pan if doing them all at once, so they're not touching too much during cooking).
- 44.) Keep a close eye on these and flip as needed, as they will cook quickly.
- 55.) While these patties are cooking, warm the pitas in the oven or microwave. Once warmed, spread a small amount of dill dip (or your condiment of choice) on the pita.
- 66.) Once the patties are cooked, place a patty on one side of each pita, and top patties with a slice of tomato and lettuce. Close the pita together, making a "roll" of sorts for your chicken burger.
- 77.) Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken "Gyro" Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.8
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.5 mg
- Sodium 390.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: