Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious hispanic savory, versatile dish that can be slow-cooked to perfection!
Make and share this Chicken "Guisado" recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 3 teaspoons cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 whole bay leaves
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 whole carrots
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 6 fluid ounces light beer
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 beef, bullion squares
- 1 (5 ounce) packet sazon goya with coriander and annatto
- 6 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine Beef Bullion squares, tomato sauce and Coriander seasoning together in a deep pan or slow cooker and bring up to medium heat.
- Roughly chop the onion, green pepper, potatoes, and carrots and add to tomato sauce mixture. Stir and allow to simmer.
- Finely chop garlic cloves and cilantro to the vegetables and bring to a boil. Cover and place on low heat.
- Add wine and beer and deglaze pan.
- Chop the chicken breasts into quarter-sized pieces and add to the mixture in the pan. If the mixture reduces too much you can add half a cup of water.
- Allow chicken to cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Serve with plain white rice or add noodles to make as a soup.
Do not use 5 ounces of Saz?n seasoning. Just a few .18 oz packets that comes in the box. Do not use a slow cooker even on high because it will not cook this in the time frame given. Otherwise I followed the directions and the flavor was not very desireable. Guisado is stew and yes it is a stew but the liquid did not have a stew flavor. It may be the combination of wine and beer.