- 2 cups water or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄3 cups quinoa, rinsed well and drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 2 medium breasts)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grapes, quartered
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water and a pinch of salt to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the quinoa, stir, cover, reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat & remove lid to cool.
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast the almonds until light brown.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, salt & pepper.
- Stir in the quinoa to coat.
- Add the chicken and grapes and toss to combine.
- Serve sprinkled with the toasted almonds.