Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes. Based on the previous reviews, it doesn't seem to need any major changes. I actually like certain foods a little bland; if you like things spicier, spice it up as you please.
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, unbaked
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup chicken, chopped (previously cooked)
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, grated (or cheddar, Monterey Jack or Havarti)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Prepare pastry shell.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl stir together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add chicken.
- Combine grated cheese and flour; add to egg mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into hot pastry shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centre comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
I thought this was extremely good, but DH didn't care for it at all. I've never served him a quiche with chicken in it, but since he has always enjoyed quiches in the past, I expected this to be well received as well. I used a combo cheese blend of cheddar and monterey jack. It looked really nice, but DH thought it was very bland and didn't care for the chicken in what he considers an egg dish. Guess I learned something new tonight. I'll just have to make a smaller quiche next time for myself. Thanks for sharing this recipe Cornelia!
Great quiche Cornelia! I followed your directions exactly, using Havarti cheese and leftover grilled chicken. I pre-baked the pie shell for about 15 minutes, added the quiche ingredients, then baked for 45-50 minutes until the center was done. I served this with a Romaine salad and biscuits. Great dinner! Thanks for the recipe!
Use a deep dish pie shell!