Recipe by Kitty Kat Cook
Quesadillas are easy tasty meals! They are great for left over chicken. Here is a quick and easy recipe by Wendy G. Ramunno
- 8 ounces fresh tomatillos or 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, husked and rinsed
- 2 fresh serrano chilies
- 1⁄2 small white onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 flour tortillas (12-inch wide)
- 3 1⁄2 shredded cooked chicken, seasoned to taste
- 2 1⁄2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, for oiling pan
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon guacamole (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- On a baking sheet, place tomatoes and chiles.
- Broil turning once halfway, until slightly charred, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Discard chile stems.
- In blender or food processor combine tomatoes, chiles, onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Puree until well blended, set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- Place tortillas one by one in skillet and toast until puffed and very lightly browned, about 1 minute per side.
- Lay tortillas on flat work area.
- On half of each tortilla, place 1/4 chicken, 1/4 cheese and about 2 tbsp of the salsa.
- Fold tortillas in half.
- In lightly oiled skillet or grill pan over medium heat, cook quesadilla until crisp and golden brown on both sides, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Add more oil if necessary before cooking the remaining quesadillas.
- Transfer to cutting board and cool slightly
- Slice into wedges and top with remaining salsa, sour cream and guacamole, if desired.