Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 314.66 ml carrots, shredded
- 236.59 ml green onion, thinly sliced
- 113.39 g monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded and divided (1 cup)
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped, about 2 cups (can use a rotisserie chicken, just remove the skin and bones)
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro leaves
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add shredded carrot and onions; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons shredded cheese over each of 4 tortillas, and divide carrot mixture evenly over tortillas.
- Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup chicken, 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, and 2 tablespoons cheese, and top with a tortilla.
- Place skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add 1 quesadilla, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until quesadilla is browned. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Arrange 4 quesadilla wedges on each of 6 plates. Top each serving with 2/3 cup Fruit Salsa and about 3 tablespoons Avocado Cream.
Picky Eater AKA DBF gave these 5*! I loved them too. The flavors of the sweetness of the fruit salsa is balanced out by the tart avocado cream. DBF chose to eat his fruit salsa after eating his quesadillas plain- wouldn't even try it together because he said the quesadilla was too good just as it was. I don't think he even knew there was carrot inside. Thanks for sharing your recipe Gibbylou!