From Cooking Light July 1998. Goes with Fruit Salsa and Avocado Cream. These are a quick quesadilla to throw together. All of my family enjoys these. I usually skip the fruit salsa and avocado cream unless I am serving them to guests. I prefer serving it with sliced avocado.
- 1 1⁄3 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded and divided (1 cup)
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped, about 2 cups (can use a rotisserie chicken, just remove the skin and bones)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add shredded carrot and onions; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons shredded cheese over each of 4 tortillas, and divide carrot mixture evenly over tortillas.
- Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup chicken, 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, and 2 tablespoons cheese, and top with a tortilla.
- Place skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add 1 quesadilla, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until quesadilla is browned. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Arrange 4 quesadilla wedges on each of 6 plates. Top each serving with 2/3 cup Fruit Salsa and about 3 tablespoons Avocado Cream.