Recipe by kperry08
My take on a quesadilla recipe I found online. I like a kick so I changed to seasonings. It is a great reheat, although it became a little spicier because the ingredients had time to set in. My family loved these.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or a pack of chicken tenderloins, diced)
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce (medium or hot works also)
- 1 cup pico de gallo (or fresh made, whatever suits you best, add more to your liking)
- 2 tablespoons n'orleans creole seasoning (for the kick, add as you see fit)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 tortillas
- Kraft Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (4 cheese mexican blend, but it won't let me fit it)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice chicken. Add lime juice, and creole seasoning. (This is not meant to be a marinade).
- Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken. Cook until juices run clear. Add pico de gallo, and mild picante sauce.
- Let simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The next part I used my quesadilla maker to finish off:.
- Add cheese to one tortilla, spoon the meat filling on top, then top with another layer of cheese and another tortilla.
- Cook until cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Alternative way for those without a quesadilla maker:.
- In a heavy skillet, heat one flour tortilla.
- Spread 1/4 cup shredded cheese on the tortilla and top with 1/2 the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle another 1/4 cup cheese over the chicken and top with another tortilla.
- When bottom tortilla is lightly brown and cheese has started to melt, flip quesadilla and cook on the opposite side.
- Remove quesadilla from skillet and cut into quarters. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa and chips, or alone.
- Recipe alternative for more spice:.
- Try adding diced jalepeno peppers to the mix or more creole seasoning.