Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy combination of flavored chicken, cheese and bacon in quesadilla form!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped bacon
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into very small dime size pieces)
- 1 (8 ounce) bagof sargento Mexican blend cheese (pre-shredded)
- 2 tortillas
- Put all of the vegetable shortening into a large pan on medium to high heat.
- When shortening melts put all of the chopped chicken pieces into the pan and stir while mixing the 1/2 cup of onions and 1/4 cup of parsley in with the chicken.
- Cook this combination of yummy ingredients until you are satisfied the chicken is cooked well (usually about 5- 10 minutes)--remember no pink.
- When done put everything thats in the pan through a strainer to remove oil, if this is not done you will have a soggy quesadilla (yuk).
- Now lay out you tortilla and spread your chicken out evenly over the tortilla.
- Now add about half a bag of your Sargento cheese (about one cup) and spread evenly but leave more in the center for it will melt later and spread better.
- After you finish adding the cheese you are ready to sprinkle your chopped bacon evenly on top of your cheese.
- Now add the other tortilla to the top to cover it and add an ever so light coating of oil to the tortilla (both sides).
- All you have to do now is lay the tortilla flat on a griddle or large flat pan and cook until the outside becomes light brown on both sides.
- You will have to flip it after about 4 minutes at medium heat and an additional 3 on the other side.
- You are now ready to remove, cut into triangle pizza shaped slices and enjoy one of the best quesadillas ever!
I just made this for a quick dinner tonight, it was AWESOME!
It really does rock!!