Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
South Beach 30 minute cookbook
- 4 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, precooked and thin-sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (green onions)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- salt and black pepper
- Heat over to 200 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tortilla in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until warm, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with one-quarter each of the cheese, chicken, avocado, scallions and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, fold tortilla in half, and place on a baking sheet in the over to keep warm. Repeat to use remaining ingredients.
- Cut each quesadilla into 3 triangles and serve with salsa.