Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Really good, our favorite "low fat recipe". Tastes fattening but only 6.5 ww points per serving. can serve with salad or spanish rice.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 118.29 ml chicken broth (or oxo, boullion, etc.)
- 1 bell pepper, sliced (red, yellow, orange or green)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 59.14 ml salsa
- 14.79 ml taco seasoning
- 198.44 g can fat-free refried beans
- 236.59 ml light cheese, shredded
- 2 large whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute chicken in broth for 2 minutes. add peppers, onions, garlic, salsa and taco seasoning. Cook until veggies are soft.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet and spread refried beans onto half of each trotilla., top with chicken and veggie mixture and shredded cheese.
- fold each tortilla over and Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- serve with fat free sour cream and salsa.
These are so good! I served them with gaucamole :)
Wonderful! Made exactly as the recipe except no peppers as I don't like them. Hubby loved them so much he requested them again which is rare for new recipes! Can't believe that they aren't horribly bad for you!
Mucho yummy! When I first read this recipe, I was a bit dubious on if 1 chicken breast really would be enough to feed two people. Well, I ended up SO stuffed that I gave my husband part of mine. Not because I didn't like it - I enjoyed it a great deal - but because with everything that was in this I was full. I used Mucho Gusto Taco Seasoning Mix for that taco seasoning. Then I used a reduced calorie cheddar and Monterey Jack combination for the cheese and plain flour tortillas as that was what I had on hand. Made for the Family Picks portion of ZWT5 for Chow Hounds.