Sami D's Note:
My Husband one day took the left over chicken breast and made these yummy Chicken Quesadillas. Since then we actually cook the chicken to make them. Its easy and you don't have to go to a restaurant and pay 10 dollars for only 1 !!! If you don't want to make the chicken simply wait until one day when you have left over chicken, roasted chicken makes them taste really good. I wanted to go buy one of those "under a lamp" chickens just so I can make them. Tip: The onions for this recipe i like to cut them in slices, just cut up the onions in circles and then half the circles, thin slices are the best unless you want your Quesadillas to be really bulky, the chicken is bulky enough. (One of my step asks you to specifically place your tortillas a certain side up, I do it that way so I don't warm the tortillas too much making them hard. Flour tortillas tend to burn faster then corn tortillas. I like my quesadillas cheese soft not crunchy hard). (I estimated the time for both prep and cook, we all have our different ways of cooking and prep-ing or foods it may take less time for you or more)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cut in medium small chunks (boneless or skinless is what i use)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno, chopped (seeded and deveined)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 10 -12 flour tortillas
- 1Heat up the vegetable oil in a skillet.
- 2Once the oil is nice and hot add the chicken and start cooking it.
- 3When the chicken is almost cooked add the Onions and Jalapenos and saute them until the onions are nice and soft.
- 4Add the tomatoes and soften them up as well.
- 5Once the veggies are soften and the chicken is cooked through remove from the burner and set aside to cool down a bit (not too much you want it hot enough to help melt the cheese when placed together).
- 6In a medium bowl mix the Mozzarella and Colby Jack cheeses.
- 7On a different skillet warm up the flour tortillas two at a time and only on one side.
- 8On a dry clean cutting broad lay your warmed flour tortilla with the side that was touching the skillet up facing you.
- 9Put some cheese on it top it with your chicken and veggies and then put more cheese on top of it.
- 10Now place your second warmed tortilla on top of it, with the side that was touching the skillet, touching the cheese.
- 11With your hand or a hot pat press down on the tortilla to asure the chicken and cheese and tortillas are all sticking to each other.
- 12Then place back on the 'tortilla warming skillet'.
- 13after about a minute or two turn over the quesadilla and warm the otehr side assuring that the cheese on both sides of the quesadilla is melted.
- 14Once the cheese is melted remove from the skillet and palce on cutting board, with a pizza slicer, slice it into wedges slices however big you want them.
- 15Repeat these sets with the rest of your tortillas.
- 16Top them with sour cream and hot sauce if you like or have them with nothing they are good anyway.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Quesadillas Homemade
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.3
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 74.9 mg
- Sodium 681.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 27.9 g