Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Here's an easy way to make family-favorite, cheesy quesadillas that are just as tasty as those served in restaurants.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 10 flour tortillas, warmed (8 inch)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Cook the chicken in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until well browned and cooked through, stirring often. Stir in the soup and 1/2 cup picante sauce. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Spread about 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto half of each tortilla to within 1/2 inch of the edge. Brush the edges with water. Fold the tortillas over the filling and press to seal. Place the filled tortillas on 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the quesadillas are hot. Cut each quesadilla in half.
- Heat the broth, water and remaining picante sauce in a 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Stir in the rice. Cover the saucepan and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve the rice with the quesadillas.
- RECIPE TIPS:.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with chocolate chip cookies for dessert.