Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- In a skillet, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Over medium heat, cook uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of unbuttered side of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of cheese; fold in half.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole.
'So yummy' is a perfect description, we loved these. I added some chopped black olives, some chopped green bell pepper and a tomato. Also added a shake of chili flakes. Delicious!
Perfect! :) I love me some good Mexican food, and this hit the spot! I loved that this was cooked in the oven too... easier & better for you to boot! I didn't use any butter -- just the non-stick spray on the pan and a little on the top tortillas too. Topped with guacamole and a light salsa ranch I had on hand. Thank you so much for sharing!
This was good, but I will adapt it a bit before I make it again. It was burned at 7 minutes -- it was tasty enough that we ate it anyway, but quite black on top. We found the filling very bland, even though I increased the oregano. Next time, I'll double the cumin and oregano, and add more salsa, too; I'll add some cayenne to my husband's portion and diced jalapenos to all the filling. I'll either reduce the heat, or cook on a griddle on the stove. Overall a great starter recipe, but in need of tweaking!