Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great recipe for Chicken Quesadillas . Fast, fun and easy. You can easily omit the chicken and have Vegetarian Quesadillas.
- 8 inches tortillas
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 green onions (chopped finely)
- 8 mushrooms (small cubes)
- 1⁄2 green pepper (small cubes)
- 1⁄2 red pepper (small cubes)
- 1 (650 ml) jar salsa
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups cheese, grated (I prefer Marble but you can change to your preference.)
- Start by boiling the chicken till cooked.
- Preheat oven to 250°F
- While the chicken is boiling you can wash and cube / chop all veggies .
- Grate cheese ( if not already).
- Use margarine or butter to spread a thin layer on tortillas.
- When chicken is boiled, cube.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl .
- Set tortillas buttered side down on large baking sheet .
- Spread amount of mixture on each tortilla.
- Add grated cheese and top with another tortilla, butter side up .
- Put in oven for 2-5 . Flip and brown for another 2-5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream / avocado dip .
- PLEASE NOTE : Oven times may vary, keep a watchful eye !