Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that came from some of my DH's old recipe cards. It makes nice creamy filled and simple quesadillas. Perfect for a snack or even a main dish.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, chopped
- 8 flour tortillas, heated
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Mix soup, chicken, cheeses, and jalapeno in medium saucepan. Cook stirring frequently over medium heat until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Divide chicken mixture among each tortilla spreading to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Moisten tortilla edges with water, fold over to enclose filling. Press tortilla edges together to seal.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat, and cook quesadillas until heated through, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Top with more cheese if desire, and serve with salsa and sour cream.
Perfect! My DH voted for more spices, but I love them! I added mushrooms but otherwise made as written. My daughter loved her "taco pizza" and wanted more. Thanks for the great recipe!