Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From Taste of Home. We love Mexican food in our house, and I can't go wrong when I serve these. They are quick and easy - and always gladly received by my family.
Top Review by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Love the way that these are made in the oven rather than on the stove top. Next time I think I will use some cooking spray or a little olive oil instead of butter. We felt there was just too much salsa in the filling and would have preferred less, using the remaining as an optional side/dip. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, combine the first six ingredients.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 475 for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and guacamole.
- Yield: 6 servings.