Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Super easy - Super Tasty - and the left overs are GREAT the next day too....
- 3 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 bell peppers, chunky color of your choice
- 1⁄2 onion, chunky
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons chili sauce, more if you like it hotter
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning, more if you like it hotter
- 6 flour tortillas
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- monterey jack cheese, grated
- sour cream
- PREP WORK.
- slice your chicken breasts relatively thin length wise you want chunks of chicken.
- cut up your pepper into strips but not too long.
- cut up your onion into strips but not too long.
- Spray cooking spray on a large cookie sheet so your wraps don't stick.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat a bit of oil on medium high heat in a frying pan.
- start your onions - stirring almost constantly.
- 2 -3 mins later add chicken.
- add salt and pepper to taste and garlic powder.
- about 6 - 7 mins later add peppers. Remember the chicken is thin so it won't take long to cook and there is still more cooking time ahead so don't over cook the chicken or it will be dry.
- cook the chicken, onion and pepper combo for about 3 - 4 mins more then add the chili sauce and Cajun seasoning.
- Stir and simmer for approximately 2 - 3 mins then toss in a handful (approx 1/2 cup) of grated cheese (both kinds combined) to thicken the filling.
- Set aside until you are ready to fill the wraps.
- Spoon filling on half of the flour tortilla bringing very close to the edge - but not falling out.
- top with grated cheese.
- Fold the flour tortilla in half and press together so the top sticks to the filling and cheese a bit.
- gently place on the cookie sheet.
- continue creating your quesadillas until you have used up all your filling.
- Place in preheated oven - middle rack.
- Bake for approx 20 - 25 minutes - until cheese is melted and filling hot -
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut quesadillas into wedge shapes and serve with guacamole, sour cream and salsa on the side.