Recipe by kat2
This is my families favorite dish. It is great for company and parties.
Top Review by srpitman
This is the best quesadilla recipe I have even eaten. It is defiitely a favorite at my house. It is helpful to have someone to lend you a hand when you are adding the chicken/bean mixture to the tortillas.
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium skillet, combine chicken, taco seasoning and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 15 minutes.
- Stir in refried beans.
- On 1/2 side of each tortilla, spread approximately 1/3 cup of chicken-bean mixture.
- Layer 1/4 each of cheese, green onions, and cilantro on top.
- Fold each tortilla in half.
- In large skillet, heat a small amount of oil and fry each folded tortilla on each side until slightly crisp.
- Cut each quesadilla in quarters and serve with salsa and quacamole.