Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my families favorite dish. It is great for company and parties.
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- vegetable oil
- In medium skillet, combine chicken, taco seasoning and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 15 minutes.
- Stir in refried beans.
- On 1/2 side of each tortilla, spread approximately 1/3 cup of chicken-bean mixture.
- Layer 1/4 each of cheese, green onions, and cilantro on top.
- Fold each tortilla in half.
- In large skillet, heat a small amount of oil and fry each folded tortilla on each side until slightly crisp.
- Cut each quesadilla in quarters and serve with salsa and quacamole.
This is the best quesadilla recipe I have even eaten. It is defiitely a favorite at my house. It is helpful to have someone to lend you a hand when you are adding the chicken/bean mixture to the tortillas.
I wanted to add that sometimes I use half monterrey jack cheese and half pepper jack to give it more spice. You can also add your favorite picante or hot sauce to the mix before you put it into the tortillas for a little extra kick. The fresh cilantro really gives it that mexican flavor so I would suggest using it if at all possible.
I doubled the recipe hoping to freeze half, and everyone loved them so much, they're all gone!