Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe from Diabetes Control for Life website.
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 4 slices jalapenos
- 1 ounce chicken, cooked
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1⁄2 ounce low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mixed salad green
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fat-free salad dressing, favorite flavor
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, hulled, dry roasted, unsalted
- 2⁄3 cup fresh grapes (any color)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and chop green onion. Chop jalapenos. Dice cooked chicken. Cut tortilla in half.
- Place one tortilla half on a baking sheet lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange onion, jalapenos and chicken evenly on tortilla half; sprinkle with cheese, chopped cilantro, cumin and black pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with olive oil and top with remaining tortilla half; press down lightly.
- Bake, turning once, for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and heated through.
- Cut quesadilla into 4 wedges and serve with a salad, which may be prepared while quesadilla is cooking.
- For salad, wash and chop lettuce and tomato; toss with dressing and sunflower seeds.
- Enjoy fresh grapes (washed) for dessert.