Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Non traditional, low cal but lots of taste! edited from Cooking smart for a healthy heart.
- 4 flour tortillas (98% fat free - 8 inch)
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped, cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, , drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (hot-sweet, no tomato salsa posted in 'zaar, goes very well.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with veggie spray.
- Place one tortilla on baking sheet and spread 1/4 cup refried beans on top.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chicken, 2 1/2 tablespoons chiles, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and 3 tablespoons cheese.
- Repeat layering two times.
- Top with remaining tortilla, pressing down slightly to help hold layers together.
- Cover top tortilla loosely with foil and bake stack until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream and remaining cilantro in a small bowl.
- Cut quesadilla into 6 wedges, but do not separate them.
- Spread cilantro sour cream over top and spoon salsa in centre.
Very tasty recipe! We tried the "stacks" first but liked them best made between two tortillas as found them crunchier that way. Good eating, and get to cut down on calories, too.
We used less tortillas because it's just the 2 of us, and the recipe is a lot of food. The next time we have guests I'll try the bigger stacks. This recipe was really good, and it was a little something out of the ordinary. It was also really easy, which is a big plus. I'll definetely make this again. Thanks!
Derf, This was very good,hard to believe it is good for you because it is so good. It was easy and very filling. Thanks for a great recipe. Darlene Summers