Recipe by Derf
Non traditional, low cal but lots of taste! edited from Cooking smart for a healthy heart.
Top Review by M. Joan
Very tasty recipe! We tried the "stacks" first but liked them best made between two tortillas as found them crunchier that way. Good eating, and get to cut down on calories, too.
- 4 flour tortillas (98% fat free - 8 inch)
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped, cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, , drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (hot-sweet, no tomato salsa posted in 'zaar, goes very well.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with veggie spray.
- Place one tortilla on baking sheet and spread 1/4 cup refried beans on top.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chicken, 2 1/2 tablespoons chiles, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and 3 tablespoons cheese.
- Repeat layering two times.
- Top with remaining tortilla, pressing down slightly to help hold layers together.
- Cover top tortilla loosely with foil and bake stack until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream and remaining cilantro in a small bowl.
- Cut quesadilla into 6 wedges, but do not separate them.
- Spread cilantro sour cream over top and spoon salsa in centre.