Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I am usually not an advocate of pre-packaged foods; but I'll admit, they are a real time saver. I was surprised at how delicious this soup was! I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 (4 7/8 ounce) box Chicken Quesadilla Pasta Roni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 stalk thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons celery leaves
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Cut chicken breasts into half inch cubes.
- Saute chicken 3-4 minutes in 1 Tbsp olive oil, or until no longer pink. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add onions, garlic, celery and carrots and saute another 3-4 minutes.
- Add corn and celery leaves, and water and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add noodles from Pasta Roni package. Simmer 5 more minutes, covered.
- Whisk in seasoning packet from Pasta Roni, and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Whisk 1 cup of soup broth into 1/2 cup of sour cream. Add to pot.