A tasty chicken feast under 30 minutes. Serve with your favorite pasta, a salad on the side and dinner is done!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup sliced black olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- parsley (for garnish)
- in a nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium high heat.
- sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- add chicken to skillet and cook until brown on both sides.
- remove from skillet and keep warm.
- with the same skillet, add onions, olives, capers, oregano, pepper flakes and cook until onions are translucent.
- add the wine or broth, stir in the can of tomatoes
- return chicken to skillet.
- reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until chicken is no longer pink.
- serve on top of your favorite pasta.
- garnish with parsley.