Recipe by daisygrl64
A tasty chicken feast under 30 minutes. Serve with your favorite pasta, a salad on the side and dinner is done!
Top Review by katew
This came together so quickly with the ingredients being common pantry items. We just returned from our holiday and this was such a quick dinner to get on the table. I left out the capers as DD does not like then and threw my olives in whole, pits and all !! Also added fresh chives from the garden. Great flavour, great success. Made for Holiday Tag.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup sliced black olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- parsley (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- in a nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium high heat.
- sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- add chicken to skillet and cook until brown on both sides.
- remove from skillet and keep warm.
- with the same skillet, add onions, olives, capers, oregano, pepper flakes and cook until onions are translucent.
- add the wine or broth, stir in the can of tomatoes
- return chicken to skillet.
- reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until chicken is no longer pink.
- serve on top of your favorite pasta.
- garnish with parsley.