1 hr 15 mins
Audrey M's Note:
My family loves puttanesca sauce over pasta but this isn't a traditional puttanesca sauce that is served with this chicken. The flavor of this recipe is worth the time you will put into making it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 8 chicken legs with thigh (attached pieces)
- 1 medium onion, cut in rings
- 12 garlic cloves, halved
- 35 ounces plum tomatoes
- 2 ounces anchovies, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted nicoise olive
- 1/3 cup capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Heat oil; brown chicken on all sides. I remove the skin from the chicken first.
- 2Remove from pan.
- 3Add onion and garlic into pan. Saute till soft, about 7 minutes.
- 4Stir in plum tomatoes with liquid and then remaining ingredients, one at a time.
- 5I usually have the ingredients already measured out in little custard cups.
- 6Return chicken to pan and coat well in sauce.
- 7Cover pan and simmer till chicken is tender, at least 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Puttanesca
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.7
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 144.6 mg
- Sodium 679.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs