Recipe by Lavender Lynn
The Prep time does not include the marinating time.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
I had a change of meal plans at the last minutes so this ended up marinating for about 24 hours! I used b/s chicken thighs and served it as a meal so didn't cube it. Was a great flavor! Sort of a like a teriyaki sauce but not salty like most. Made for Best of 2011 Cookbook Tag.
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together all ingredients, except the chicken, in a mixing bowl. Place the chicken thighs in the marinade and marinate for 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator. After 2 hours, stir the marinade.
- Heat the grill until the coals are gray to white. Remove the chicken from the marinade and drain or shake off the excess marinade. Place on a lightly oiled grill and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
- Continue grilling until the chicken is cooked in the center. Remove the "pupu chicken" to a serving plate and insert wooden picks in each of the cubes. Serve immediately as an appetizer.