1/2 Photos of Chicken Pumpkin Stew
1 hr 5 mins
Midwest Maven's Note:
This is a hearty, rich, delicious dish to make on a chilly night, or just whenever you want some warm comfort food. I got this out of a magazine awhile ago and I'm so glad I saved it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sugar pumpkin (about 1 lb.) or 3 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes (about 1 lb.)
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; saute 4 minutes or until browned and remove to a plate.
- 2Reduce heat to medium and add onions, red pepper pieces, and garlic. Saute 4 minutes until softened.
- 3Add 1 1/2 cups broth, the tomatoes, paprika and salt.
- 4Bring to a boil; then add chicken, pumpkin and beans.
- 5Reduce heat, cover and simmer 12 minutes or until chicken and pumpkin are tender.
- 6Meanwhile stir remaining broth, the cornstarch and peanut butter in a bowl until smooth.
- 7Add to pot and stir until blended.
- 8Cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Enjoy!
- 9*Great with some nice crusty bread for dipping, yum :).
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pumpkin Stew
Serving Size: 1 (609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.2
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 141.6 mg
- Sodium 1086.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 43.3 g