Great served with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and sliced (can sub green, but I prefer red)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups peeled and cubed sugar pumpkin
- 1 (1/2 cup) can whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1Over medium-high heat, heat oil in a Dutch oven.
- 2Stir fry chicken breast until brown on all sides.
- 3Remove to a plate and reduce heat to medium.
- 4Add onions and green pepper, cook until tender.
- 5Add broth, tomatoes, cinnamon, Tabasco sauce and salt.
- 6Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Add pumpkin and bring back to a boil.
- 8Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9Stir in corn and chicken, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken and pumpkin are tender.
- 10Combine peanut butter and cornstarch in a cup until smooth.
- 11Add to pot and stir until well blended.
- 12Simmer for another 2 minutes or until sauce thickened.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pumpkin-Peanut Stew
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.6
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 615.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 29.6 g