Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great served with rice.
Make and share this Chicken Pumpkin-Peanut Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and sliced (can sub green, but I prefer red)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups peeled and cubed sugar pumpkin
- 1 (1/2 cup) can whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Over medium-high heat, heat oil in a Dutch oven.
- Stir fry chicken breast until brown on all sides.
- Remove to a plate and reduce heat to medium.
- Add onions and green pepper, cook until tender.
- Add broth, tomatoes, cinnamon, Tabasco sauce and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and bring back to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in corn and chicken, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken and pumpkin are tender.
- Combine peanut butter and cornstarch in a cup until smooth.
- Add to pot and stir until well blended.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes or until sauce thickened.