Chef #810882's Note:
I found a similar recipe on another site, but am really curious as to nutrition values as I make this ALL the time. Its a little different every time I make it, but i'll post the most usual recipe. I portion it out and freeze the leftovers .. makes for delish lunch or quick dinner! Can really make it your own, and honestly you cannot taste the pumpkin. ( I made this for my mom and her beau, who turns his nose up at anything healthy, and he LOVED it!) I usually use 1 lb of ground chicken breast, but today I made it with 1.5lbs of shredded chicken. I have to say, I LOVE it with the shredded chicken. would make a great sandwich! When done, top with some fat free greek yogurt and salsa! YUM! serve over brown rice or with bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red peppers or 1/2 cup yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4-1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning or 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1in large pot heat pam spray and add garlic, onion and peppers.
- 2cook until tender.
- 3add chicken (if using raw meat, cook until brown).
- 4add pumpkin and tomatoes , stir.
- 5add spices.
- 6stir until well blended.
- 7add lime juice
- 8add chicken broth a little at a time until desired consistency.
- 9cook covered , stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- 10add cilantro and cook for 5 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pumpkin Chili
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.1
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 108.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: