It is easy and very tasty. Pork or veal mince can be substituted for chicken mince. Just for fun, why not have a combination of pork,veal and chicken. Whatever you choose,this recipe will get you top votes. You can make it ahead of time and it will freeze for up to 2 months.
- 500 g butternut pumpkin, cooked and mashed.
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 75 g pancetta, roughly chopped
- 500 g ground chicken
- 250 g frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry.
- 2 clove garlic, crushed.
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 375 g of fresh lasagna sheets
- 118.29 ml finely grated parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml of grated cheddar cheese
For the tomato sauce you will need
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 680 g of tomato passata (puree)
- 118.29 ml white wine (not sweet)
- 44.37 ml shredded basil leaves
- sea salt
- cracked black peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 200°C Put pumpkin, nutmeg, pancetta, chicken mince, spinach, garlic and ricotta in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Cut the lasagna sheets into half.
- Place 3 tablespoons of filling at one end of the lasagna square.
- Roll up the lasagna square to enclose the filling.
- In a heavy based frypan add olive oil.
- Add garlic and onion and cook on medium heat until soft and golden.
- Add tomato passata and white wine and bring to the boil.
- Cook on high heat for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and add basil and season to taste.
- Spoon a generous serve of the tomato sauce over the base of a 35cm x 25cm oven proof dish.
- Arrange the cannelloni tubes over the top of the sauce in a single layer.
- Spoon the remaining sauce over the cannelloni.
- Sprinkle combined cheeses over cannelloni and bake for 25 minutes or until pasta is soft and cheese is golden.
- Serve cannelloni with a green salad tossed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic and Dijon mustard dressing.