1/1 Photo of Chicken,pumpkin and Spinach Cannelloni
It is easy and very tasty. Pork or veal mince can be substituted for chicken mince. Just for fun, why not have a combination of pork,veal and chicken. Whatever you choose,this recipe will get you top votes. You can make it ahead of time and it will freeze for up to 2 months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g butternut pumpkin, cooked and mashed.
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 75 g pancetta, roughly chopped
- 500 g ground chicken
- 250 g frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed.
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 375 g of fresh lasagna sheets
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese
For the tomato sauce you will need
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C Put pumpkin, nutmeg, pancetta, chicken mince, spinach, garlic and ricotta in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- 2Cut the lasagna sheets into half.
- 3Place 3 tablespoons of filling at one end of the lasagna square.
- 4Roll up the lasagna square to enclose the filling.
- 5In a heavy based frypan add olive oil.
- 6Add garlic and onion and cook on medium heat until soft and golden.
- 7Add tomato passata and white wine and bring to the boil.
- 8Cook on high heat for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- 9Remove from heat and add basil and season to taste.
- 10Spoon a generous serve of the tomato sauce over the base of a 35cm x 25cm oven proof dish.
- 11Arrange the cannelloni tubes over the top of the sauce in a single layer.
- 12Spoon the remaining sauce over the cannelloni.
- 13Sprinkle combined cheeses over cannelloni and bake for 25 minutes or until pasta is soft and cheese is golden.
- 14Serve cannelloni with a green salad tossed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic and Dijon mustard dressing.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken,pumpkin and Spinach Cannelloni
Serving Size: 1 (711 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 903.1
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 150.0 mg
- Sodium 1089.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 52.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: