Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
To save time bake the puff pastry shapes in advance, the filling is better if prepared and chilled for about 5 hours or overnight is even better! To make things even easier, use the frozen puff pastry prepared shells in place of the sheets. You may use your own favorite chicken mixture for this if desired. Yield is only estimated.
- 1 sheet puff pastry (thawed according to package directions, can use two sheets)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup large pimento stuffed olive, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Prepare a large baking sheet.
- Cut the thawed puff pastry sheets into assorted desired small shapes using a small cookie cutter or biscuit cutters.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until puffed; cool.
- In a bowl combine the chicken, celery, relish, mayo, seasoned salt, pepper and garlic powder; mix well to combine; cover and chill for a minimum of 5 hours or overnight.
- Cut 1/3 of the top of the baked puffs; pull out the soft dough from inside.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the puff pastry shells, then place a slice or two of olives on top of the chicken mixture, then replace the pastry tops.
- *note* if you are serving this to company, place the sliced olive on top of the pastry top then insert a long toothpick down the middle to hold everything together.