Recipe by Jen T
I made this using a leftover chicken breast from the night before and other bits & pieces in the fridge :)
- 1 sheet puff pastry (pre rolled)
- 1 chicken breast (cooked & chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 green pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄2 red pepper (chopped)
- 125 g cream cheese (I used light)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and peppers in a little butter or oil until soft.
- Add to a bowl with the chicken and cream cheese.
- Gently stir to mix altogether.
- Lay sheet of pastry on board and fold over one long side to the middle.
- With a sharp knife make cuts at 1/2" intervals from folded edge towards centre but not right to edge at the centre, down the length of pastry sheet.
- Spread chicken mixture down other half, then carefully lift the cut pastry side out and over to enclose the filling.
- Seal and brush over with milk or beaten egg to glaze.
- Bake at 180'C for about 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Goes well with either a salad or cooked vegetables.