Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I developed this recipe after having been served something similar at a local restaurant. This is my personal attempt at what was called Dublin chicken puff.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 package pillsbury puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray and place chicken breasts on it.
- Sprinkle with taragon, salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, turning once, until no pink remains.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly and chop into cubes.
- IN a medium bowl, mix cubed chicken with mushrooms and cheese.
- On a square of puff pastry, place half chicken mixture, gather sides of pastry up and twist together.
- Place prepared pastry onto one side of a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake puffs for 25 to 30 minutes until pastry is browned to your liking.
- Serve with salad if desired.