Recipe by Lainey39
Chicken breasts are butterflied , topped with provolone cheese, Genoa salami and basil leaves. Served over fettuccine with a rich cream sauce.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
Absolutely delicious, and fairly easy to put together. I ended up using about 1/2 cup of Parmesan, and it made a wonderful, flavorful sauce. Thanks so much for posting this - it is a keeper! Made for PRMR Tag.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices genoa salami
- fresh basil leaf
- olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta and set aside.
- Butterfly chicken breasts; place boned side up and pound thin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay provolone, salami and torn basil leaves on one side of the butterflied breasts.
- Fold breast in thirds.
- In nonstick skillet heat a little olive oil along with red pepper flakes.
- Brown chicken.
- Cook over medium-low heat, covered, until juices run clear.
- While chicken is cooking, melt butter in saucepan and add 1 cup heavy cream; heat cream to scald.
- Slowly add 1/4-1/2 cup parmesan cheese as desired, stirring constantly. Keep on low heat until thickened.
- Serve chicken on top of pasta with sauce spooned over the top.