Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from my dad's cousin. I believe she told me it had come from a favorite restaurant of hers in St. Louis. It's very rich, a nice once-in-a-while treat!
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, pounded
- flour, for dredging
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g ham, thinly sliced or 226.79 g prosciutto
- 6 slice provolone cheese
- 453.59 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 56.69 g brandy
- 473.18 ml heavy cream (40%)
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 1.23 ml pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Dredge chicken in flour. Saute in olive oil until golden.
- Put chicken in single layer in ovenproof dish. Put slice of ham and cheese on each chicken breast.
- Bake in 350* oven until cheese is golden (about 30 min.).
- In pan, saute mushrooms 3-5 minute Add brandy and light to evaporate alcohol.
- Add cream, salt, and pepper. Simmer to reduce sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.