Recipe by sallee in Kingsville, Ont
Sweet, creamy and yummy. My husband loves this dish. But I only serve it a couple times a year because it's not figure friendly and must have loads of calories. I found it years ago in an old cookbook (More from the Ethnic Kitchen) and have adapted it a little.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut in large bite sized pieces)
- 3 -4 zucchini (cut thinly)
- 1 tablespoon salt (I use sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons marjoram
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- stiky rice (or any rice you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Fry chicken - just till chicken whitens.
- Remove chicken.
- Add the extra tablespoon of butter.
- Fry zucchini for a couple minutes on each side (till barely transparent).
- Return the chicken to frying pan along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook for an additional 10 - 20 minutes till chicken is cooked.
- Serve over rice.