Recipe by m0m
This is my family's all time favorite. We serve it with buttered pasta penne noodles- add a sprinkle of garlic powder and parmesan cheese to the noodles to make them taste even better! It is an easy to cook dish you could serve at a dinner party!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan saute the chicken in the butter until golden brown on both sides.
- Put on a plate and keep warm.
- Add the olive oil to the same pan and saute the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Cover and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.