1/5 Photos of Chicken Provencale
1 hr 5 mins
From Australian magazine Super Food Ideas. I have made the olives optional as I omit them and due to allergy issues I cut the onion into wedges so the person can remove. Suggeested you serve with steamed potatoes and broccolini, we quite like it over pasta with some steamed vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
- 2Place flour in a shallow bowl (snap/zip lock bag), season with salt and pepper and coat the chicken breasts (if using bag do 2 at a time) and shake of excess and place on a plate.
- 3Melt butter in a frying pan over medium high heat and add the chicken breasts and cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden.
- 4Transfer to a 5cm deep x 20cm x 30cm (base measurements) oven proof baking dish.
- 5Reduce heat to medium low and add onion to pan and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until softened.
- 6Increase heat to medium high and add sherry and bring to the boil and boil for 1 minute.
- 7Add tomatoes and cook stirring occasionally for about 5 to 6 minutes or until boiling.
- 8Spoon tomato mixture over the chicken and cover.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 10Add olives if using in the last 5 minutes.
- 11Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Provencale
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.9
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 97.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets