Recipe by bricookie55
This came from Rachael Ray's Magazine. Looked delicious, but I haven't tried it yet.
- 8 small yellow potatoes, halved
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup nicoise olive, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook potatoes until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
- While potatoes cook, season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot, not smoking. Add chicken breasts and cook, turning, until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook, stirring, until golden, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and their juice, simmer over low heat until liquids reduce, 10 to 15 minutes. Add olives and capers, season to taste with salt.
- Scatter the potatoes over the chicken and pour the tomato mixture on top. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Serve by slicing chicken on an angle and spooning some sauce and potatoes onto each plate and topping with the sliced chicken.