Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice dish for company. Eat a lot of chicken, just another way to fix it.
Make and share this Chicken Provencal With Potatoes and Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 16 small pitted ripe olives
- 8 medium carrots, cut into fourths
- 8 small whole onions
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into fourths
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Cut chicken into pieces, cut each breast half into halves and remove skin.
- Mix flour, paprika, basil, salt, oregano, pepper and marjoram.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in 4-quart Dutch oven until hot.
- Cook chicken until brown on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- Add olives, carrots, onions and potatoes; pour chicken broth over vegetables.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done, about 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken and vegetables; keep warm.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water; stir into liquid in Dutch oven.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Serve sauce with chicken.