Chef #195447's Note:
Nice dish for company. Eat a lot of chicken, just another way to fix it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2-3 lbs chicken
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 16 small pitted ripe olives
- 8 medium carrots, cut into fourths
- 8 small whole onions
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into fourths
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1Cut chicken into pieces, cut each breast half into halves and remove skin.
- 2Mix flour, paprika, basil, salt, oregano, pepper and marjoram.
- 3Coat chicken with flour mixture.
- 4Heat oil in 4-quart Dutch oven until hot.
- 5Cook chicken until brown on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- 6Add olives, carrots, onions and potatoes; pour chicken broth over vegetables.
- 7Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- 8Cover and cook until chicken is done, about 45 minutes.
- 9Remove chicken and vegetables; keep warm.
- 10Mix cornstarch and cold water; stir into liquid in Dutch oven.
- 11Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 12Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 13Serve sauce with chicken.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Provencal With Potatoes and Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.0
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 466.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 23.6 g