Recipe by evelyn/athens
Low stress weekday cooking - my favourite kind. My family's too.
Top Review by Michelle S.
I thought this was a fabulous dish while the rest of the family was luckwarm. I used boneless skinless thighs and breasts for the legs and it came out wonderful. I served this over rice cooked in chicken broth. I thought the spice blend was right on and with the wine, tomato paste and garlic I was in heaven!
- 4 chicken legs
- flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper, for dredging chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- buttered noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat chicken dry and dredge in seasoned flour, shaking off excess.
- In a heatproof casserole, heat oil over moderate-high heat until hot but not smoking, and brown chicken.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add to the casserole the onion, mushrooms, garlic, tomato paste, flour, rosemary and thyme, and cook mixture, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Return chicken, skin side up, add wine and broth, and bring liquid to a boil.
- Braise chicken, covered, in a preheated 420F (205C) oven for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over noodles.